All calls made through VIS are confidential.
What is the NZSL Interpreter’s role?
- To communicate between hearing and deaf people
- To act in a responsible and professional manner at all times.
- Act in confidentiality and not disclose any information obtained while interpreting.
- Interpreters do not offer their own personal opinions while interpreting.
- Required to be qualified and abide by the Sign Language InterpretersAssociation of New Zealand (SLIANZ) Code of Ethics.
- Be competent and have a high level of accuracy in order to interpret correctly.
- Maintain impartiality during any interpreted encounter.